Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! You should too, it's really fun and a great way to find out about other awesome books, and blogs. Just do the following:
My Teaser this week is from The Academie by Susanne Dunlap. I actually just finished it.
- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
- Publisher: Bloomsbury USA
- Publication date: 2/28/2012
- Edition number: 1
- Pages: 368
We are silent. I am thinking how selfish I am, to worry about the state of my heart when the future of France is at stake, when my stepfather may be mortally injured. (pg 276 eARC)
This book is in a multi-POV. The teaser I used is from Hortense's POV. Being that I am reading it on an eReader it's hard to find a good teaser. It's not very easy to just flip through the book. My review for this book should be up in a few days. Leave me a link and I will be happy to check out your Tuesday post.