First I want to say Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate it!! I hope you have a fantastic holiday!! Jessica from Confessions of a Bookaholic, Rachel from Fiktshun, Jaime from Two Chicks on Books and Mindy from Magical Urban Fantasy Reads are hosting this week of great Top Ten lists!! Now onto the post topic. Today's Top Ten is Best Covers of 2012 This was a hard one since there is so many fabulous covers from this year. There are so many stunning covers that I will probably think of ones I would have added after the fact. Like with yesterday's post, these aren't in any particular order. (When I tried to link them they went all over the place anyways so even if there had been an order it would have been ruined.) All the covers link to Goodreads.
- Release by M.R. Merrick - I love all the covers in the series, but this one is just fantastic. All the covers are symbolic of the books and I love that!!
- Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin - I am a sucker for red and black and this is just really pretty. I love the typography too.
- Everneath by Brodi Ashton - Love how the dress turns to smoke and she's walking in the smoke. I also really love how you can't see her face.
- Incarnate by Jodi Meadows - The colors and the butterfly are just so pretty!!!
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake - If you think this book is gorgeous on screen, you should see it in person!! So, so pretty!! She is a bit glossy and then the rock bits look like they are really flying at you.
- Crewel by Gennifer Albin - This cover is just so cool looking. At first I didn't even realize that was a girls face in the corner, I just say the pretty colors and swirls lol!!
- Elixir by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Yes, I know this is a novella, but it's still a book cover, and it's absolutely gorgeous!! So simple, but so beautiful!!
- Stormdancer by Jay Kristoff - Again, I love red and black. The typography is great and how battle ready the girl looks... just awesome!!
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor - Do I even have to explain? Seriously, just look at that!! It's amazing!!
- Neverfall by Brodi Ashton - This novella comes out tomorrow and it may be one of my favorite covers ever!! I pretty much just love everything about it!!
- The Lost Girl by Sangu Mandana - I know this is number 11, but I had to!! This is another one that is significant to the story. I love that you can see the two cityscape's in her silhouette.
I apologize for the formatting. Blogger hates me and won't just put the pics where I want them. Really, I don't know why The Lost Girl wouldn't go into the row above correctly, but whatever blogger! You won't best me in getting my post up!!
So what do you guys think of my picks!! If you notice I have a thing for red and black. :) What book covers did you absolutely love this year? I could have put at least 10 more, but I had to contain myself.