Welcome to Book Girls Don't Cry... They Vent! This is a weekly meme that I am doing with Jenni @ Alluring Reads and Giselle @ Xpresso Reads. Each week we will have a different topic that we discuss or rant about in either a vlog or regular blog post. If you want to suggest a topic or see past posts, there is a form in the Book Girls Don't Cry... They Vent! page which you can find in the tabs above!
We will be posting as follows:
This weeks posts from the other BGDC girls:
Book Hype! Our Thoughts
So I totally just babble on and on and get distracted in this. What do you think about book hype. Do you fall victim to it? What books have lived up to the hype (or not) for you? Let me know!
As promised, though I said I would probably forget, my list of books that lived up to hype and ones that didn't for me.
Yes! You are awesome and I love you!!!
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer - I waited forever to read this because of all the hype. I am so glad that I finally gave in because it was so worth it!
- The Diviners by Libba Bray - Now that is one gigantic book that was super hyped up and I was intimidated by it, but man was it awesome!!
- Losing It by Cora Carmack - This book totally rocked my world!!
- The Edge of Never by J.A Redmerski - All the feels guys!!
- Flawed by Kate Avelyn - I felt like I had been waiting forever for it (The pub date got changed) and when I finally did get to read it it was so amazingly dark and beautiful!!
- Mind Games by Kiersten White - Dude! Cover, you are so pretty! You sounded so awesome!! Why did you have to let me down?
- Level 2 by Lenore Applehans - If you have watched the vlog above, you see that this book makes me get all stabby feeling!!
- Undeadly by Michele Vail - Oh was this awful to me!! I hated the writing style, I hated the MC, just... no, didn't work for me.