Hello everyone!! Another week, another fun topic!! This week we discuss what we like to see in a blog, or in my case, what I don't like lol!! I did a vlog, but the sound is all effed up so I'm not sure if it's really watchable or not so I will write a little thing too. Ugh! So frustrated. I really thought my cam was working right and it wasn't.
Other Book Girls Posts
(And OMG both of them switched to Wordpress and their blogs look so nice!)
Okay, so I will start with the things I like to see on a blog.I think the best way to do this is bullet points.
Things I Like
- Clean looking and organized
- Social- I like to see that you comment back or interact with your readers.
- Personality - I love to see your personality show through in your posts!! It makes it so much more fun to read.
- Social Icons that are visible - If they are hard to find I won't search for them.
Things That Turn Me Off
- Light fonts on dark background - I do have a few favorite blogs that are like this, but it does hurt my eyes and it's hard to read.
- Bright or flashy blogs - If your blog is so intense it hurts my eyes, I'm not likely to stay or come back.
- Tours or giveaways that have ended - If you have a giveaway that ended a month ago or a blog tour, you should probably remove it from your sidebar. If I am part of a tour that goes past the date of my stop, I will usually keep the banner up for the duration of the tour, but not after.
- Noisy - I don't like when people have music players going. I love music too, but I can't listen to a song and read. Also, sound effects on widgets! The Bane Chronicles one that makes the whooshing sound scares me sometimes.
- Moving background - I know that some people find it cute or charming to have falling snow or something, but my stomach would be much happier to not deal with the motion sickness it gives me to try and read while the backround is moving.
- I'm sure that there are more, but at this point I am flustered and sick of trying to do this one post. I love my new laptop, but I'm not loving the video issues, even using an external webcam.What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments. Also we are always up for suggestions!